BIRTHPLACE: MINNEAPOLIS, MINNESOTA
HEIGHT: 5′ 7″
WEIGHT: 170 LBS
POSITION: SCRUM HALF (9)
- Mens Collegiate All-American with University of Minnesota
- 34 caps with Eagles fifteens and sevens squads
- Bronze place finish with Team USA at 2015 Pan Am games.
- Propelled Minnesota Youngbloodz and New York’s Old Blue to successful club seasons
- Made Eagle debut in 2016 against Italy and became Eagle no. 491
Another experienced leader joining the Legion this year is USA Captain and scrum half Nate Augspurger. Nate’s speed and rugby IQ propelled him to success as a University of Minnesota men’s rugby All-American and won him the attention of USA Rugby talent scouts. Augspurger got the chance to wear the red, white, and blue jersey in 2014 on the Sevens World Series and honed his footy skills under the guidance of Men’s Sevens coach Mike Friday. The 28-year old joined the USA Eagles XVs squad in his first international match against Italy in 2016. Since then, he has established himself as a contender for the no. 9 position in the taxing environment of the Americas Rugby Championship where he helped propel his squad to a 5-0 performance and a second ARC title. Nate’s charismatic attitude and commitment to his rugby community have already won hearts in the American rugby scene and will undoubtedly make him a fixture in the SD Legion and West Coast rugby.