It’s a rivalry that goes back to the inaugural season of Major League Rugby 2018. This weekend, the San Diego Legion travels to the Pacific Northwest to take on the Seattle Seawolves.
Kick off is set for Sunday, May 9 at 5pm PT.
Here's a look at the full game day lineup, injuries report and comments from our Co-Head Coach Zack Test:
A few highlights…
- This Sunday, Josh Furno will have his first start with San Diego Legion in 2021
- Carlo de Nysschen is back again this week, starting in the #9 spot
- A young rising star, Cam Clark will be starting for the first time as Captain. Dean Muir will be serving as Vice Captain.
- First time in starting positions this season: Tai Enosa, Mike Smith and Travis Larsen
A quick update on our player injuries & availability...
- Joe Pietersen, Keni Nasoqeqe, Save Totovasau and Nate Sylvia are out this week and coaches are hoping for their return soon (1-2 weeks)
- Santiago González-Iglesias is out for 3-4 weeks with fractured rib injury
- Chris Robshaw is still out with a shoulder injury
- Josh Thiel, Nate and Dylan are out for the remaining 2021 season
“The last two weeks - vs. the LA Giltinis and the New England Free Jacks - we learned some really good lessons about other teams and their speed. We are working on becoming a team that can adapt as needed in the very moment of each game and we continue to improve day in and day out. The squad is becoming a little more ruthless, and as we’re seeing in this week’s lineup, the reinforcements are starting to arrive. We're really excited to have them join our squad midway through the 2021 season and improve our overall performance while there is still time.” Co-Head Coach, Zack Test