DEAR SAN DIEGO LEGION FANS,
Tomorrow is a very exciting day for San Diego Legion, as we make our national TV debut on CBS Sports Network. On behalf of the squad, coaching staff and front office, thank you for being a part of the inaugural season of Major League Rugby. We are all thrilled to make professional sports history and join America’s Finest City. Last Sunday, home opener game attendees had an opportunity to witness a very exciting, competitive match against the Utah Warriors, and we appreciate all the support in cheering us on to our first regular-season victory!
We look forward to seeing you at Torero Stadium on Friday, May 4 for the Major League Rugby ‘Game of the Week’ against the Houston SaberCats, broadcasting at 5 p.m. PT. Gates will open at 4:30 p.m., so please plan to arrive early and secure a good spot in the stands. Tickets may be purchased at sdlegion.com/tickets or at the USD Box Office.
So far, many of you expressed positive sentiment on the overall game experience, and we’re grateful for all feedback that was provided, as it allows us to create a memorable time for everyone. Based on what you’ve told us, here are some of the things we are working to incorporate this season:
- Increasing food vendors by adding even more local businesses to the lineup than what is currently being served (i.e. Hundred Proof, Park 101, Pop Pie Co.)
- Offering more merchandise and giveaways to support our awesome fans’ enthusiasm, including another point of sale tent in the venue
- Adding areas for parking and potential shuttle transportation to/from Torero Stadium
- Changing the content presented by announcers, allowing for more engaging rugby 101 explanations and an upbeat tone
- Providing more fun interactive game day experiences, such as live music, half-time performances, activities for children and more
- Incorporating more awesome educational content to sdlegion.com and our social media channels, helping introduce additional fans to this sport
By bringing these changes to light in the coming weeks, with some as soon as the next home game on Friday, May 4, we wish to build a long-lasting relationship with our local and visiting fans. Our goal is to make San Diego Legion home games a favorite pastime for all ages.
If you have any additional feedback for us, please email email@example.com. We are Legion!
SAN DIEGO LEGION GENERAL MANAGER & PRESIDENT